Student Dress Code
At Emmanuel Christian Academy, we believe it to be in the best interest of the students to maintain certain standards of dress to create an atmosphere conducive to education and honor to God. Therefore, the following standards apply to all students for all school functions unless otherwise advised by the administration. Administration will be the final judge of appropriateness at all times.
Students are required to wear navy red or white polo shirts with the school logo and blue, black, or beige pants (solid or with thin side strips), jeans, or walking shorts (fingertip length).
Parents can purchase all polos and sweatshirts with our ECA logo at eca.tshirts.graphics/index.html in white with blue lettering, or navy or red with white lettering. Phone number to purchase uniform shirts: 928-985-0745, or you can email a note or request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In cold weather, coats or jackets may be worn outside. Solid/minimal “accents” or very small logos zip-down sweaters or sweatshirts may be worn inside the school where the school logo is evident at all times. Solid-colored, long-sleeved shirts may be worn under the polo shirts. Christian sweatshirts and t-shirts may be worn on Thursdays.
- Minimal “accents” or very small logos are appropriate, but NO large brand names or designs may be on any clothing worn to school.
- Clothing should be free of holes or worn spots (no frayed areas – even if fake with patches underneath).
- No over-sized (baggy) or yoga – legging type pants.
- No flip-flops or sandals without backs may be worn to school. Heels must be no more than two-inch heels. Shoes need to be appropriate for the playground areas.
- Hats (plain, Christian, or with pro or college sports teams only) can be worn outside only for warmth in winter or to block the sun.
- Extreme fads of any kind are not acceptable. This includes but is not limited to bare midriff, body-piercing, tattoos (real or play), distracting hairstyles (un-natural hair colors or designs), etc.
- Girls may wear blue, black, or beige skirts or jumpers, but they should be worn with shorts, tights, or leggings underneath and be of a modest length.
- Girls’ hair should be clean, neatly styled/brushed, and kept away from the eyes.
- For girls, jewelry should be kept to a minimum. Earrings should be small for safety in play.
- Middle school girls (6th, 7th, and 8th graders) may wear minimal makeup and/or fake nails that are short and in good taste.
- Boys’ hair should be clean, neatly trimmed, above the collar in the back, and no longer than the eyebrows in the front.
- Boys may not wear earrings, and necklaces must be small and in good taste.
Free dress day: Clothing must be in good taste – no shirts/clothing that glorify the drug culture, death, and darkness, and no cut-out shoulders unless worn with an undershirt.
Dress code infractions will result in a call home to parents to bring an appropriate change of clothes. After the first infraction, school discipline will be enforced.
Every effort is made to provide a wholesome, healthful atmosphere for the students of Emmanuel Christian Academy. You can help at home by ensuring that your child gets adequate rest, eats nutritious foods, and is not allowed to attend school if he or she is ill. Please be wise in this decision. After an illness (such as flu), a fever of 99.9 or above, severe cough, or any other contagious symptoms, please keep your child at home until he/she has been better (with no fever) for at least 24 hours.
The teacher must be made aware of any medical condition and any medication the child must take, whether over the counter or prescription. Medication must be labeled and brought to the office in its original container. No student may carry medication with them without express permission from the administration.